Sunday 9 February 2014

Paracord, Bags, Bags, Bags, Bags & Bags.


I am really excited for the Japan Jamboree (If I raise the money), as I like the Japanese culture, way of life, and really, Really, REALLY like Anime and Manga, as you may be able to tell from the image in my previous post

To help with the fundraising, my Mum and I have been making things out of paracord (parachute cords) and selling them. This will help with the fundraising, as we still have a lot of paracord left, and we have ordered some more colours. (although the paracord is expensive, almost £10 per roll!) Right now, we only have red and black, but we have ordered yellow, purple, and green (I think).

Also, yesterday, me and the other scouts in Charnwood, I am going to Japan with, went to the supermarket local to my scout hut, and did some bag-packing, and we will earn some money between us. My parents have taken me to the supermarket a few times, and have now trained me in the art of bag packing. Hoo-yah!

And, next Saturday, we are going to be holding a quiz night, and I don't know much of what we will be doing, but I think it's gonna involve a quiz (Surprise, surprise), and I think we will be serving drinks, as well. What I am expecting is a trivia sort of thing, and us serving food and drinks.

Although the fundraising is fun, and the jamboree will be fun, raising the £3,500 is going to be a massive challenge because of those deadlines, and the massive total of the money, but I hope that people will support me as well, because we are very low on money at the current time, and I want to go a lot, as this is a once in a lifetime chance for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment