Thursday 8 May 2014

More Fundraising!!

I'm back! I've not done a post in absolutely ages, so I'm doing one now. These past few weeks, I have been doing more fundraising for Japan.

The first thing I did was some more bag-packing at the local supermarket. Not much to say, except it was worth it because we got jelly beans. We got money for Japan as well, but...

The next thing we did was a massive jumble sale in the village hall. I was in charge of the tool store, and my friend got 'attached' to a rubber snake. He wore it round the back of his neck for the day as a joke, but ended up taking it home. The joke got expanded.

Anyway, the jumble sale was a real success! The share of the money that we earned was £74.50. I was selling toys at the toy store. There were two brothers coming to buy toys, and they wanted a thing that costed 50p, so i told them how much it was. But the boy replied, "50p?! But I only have £1!" I had to spend about a minute explaining to them that £1 is more than 50p, and they eventually got it.

Last weekend, we went to the Melton Cheese Fair to do car-parking.It was fun, and I found a new kind of food I like. Cheese! I didn't use to like it, but that was shop-bought. The cheese I tasted was home made, and it was gorgeous. I tried home-made cheddar, blue cheese (Yuck), Smoked cheese and, best of all, tomato and basil cheese. I needed more... but on the second day, they had sold out. But oh well, I forgot my spending money anyway!

The first day of car-parking was hot, humid, and the car park was filling up slowly, so a majority of the day was me sitting in the boiling hot sun reflected from the cement ground and occasionally standing up to direct cars. But on the second day, it was less hot, and the car park filled up completely and quickly. After it filled, we went down to enjoy the cheese fair. Woo!

Last Monday, we had a day off school because of May Day! We went to the village's gala to sell books, hotdogs, burgers, and an activity of horseshoe tossing. Basically, the customers had to try and throw horseshoes onto a metal peg. Harder than it seems! The prize was a FULL BAR OF GALAXY CHOCOLATE!! My sister won one, and when I paid to have a go rather than try it to attract customers, I lost. But at the end of the day, I got one. Why? Because scouts who helped carry the boxes of books to our leader's Landrover Jeep thingy were rewarded with a bar of chocolate. Yum!
 
The BBQ area


The 'Hippie Dome' Bookstall

Altogether, it's been a really busy weekend. We had a break after the jumble sale, but I worked three days in a row, but it was well worth it for all that Japan money and cheese and jelly beans and CHOCOLATE and fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment